Saturday, March 22, 2008

Getting back into the swing of things...



I haven't posted anything or corresponded with my customers in quite some time now. Our second little girl, Naomi Gray Henderson, was born Feb 10 one week after her due date. This was the beginning of getting used to being on a newborns time schedule again! She will be 6 weeks tomorrow, and her older sister Abigail will be 18 mos tomorrow, and we are beginning to get used to parenting two children. I am excited and nervous to start cooking again. However, I have been cooking and freezing meals for myself since before she was born. Our friends and family provided meals for us for about 2 weeks after we had the baby and it was WONDERFUL! I got so used to having a meal ready without having to spare the preparation time that i started cooking and freezing meals for our family to eat on a daily basis. Since Naomi was born, with the exception of the full day of cooking I did for the frozen meals, I have only cooked 3 meals! I put a meal down on my calender for each day and then the day before I go down to the freezer pull out a meal to defrost and the next day i pop it into the oven and prepare a couple of sides and I am DONE! I LOVE IT! I feel like I have better choices and recipes and a better understanding of cooking times as well. Check out the previous listing of meal choices for some new additions!!
Check out www.simplybyaubin.com to see our beautiful girls!

No comments: