Friday, March 28, 2008

Place your orders...soon!

I have officially decided to start back cooking for the week of April 14th!!! I hope all of you are as excited as I am. I will be starting off with a few changes to the business, different options, and I am sure making more along the way. For the last two months I have been cooking one day and freezing meals to last almost the entire month. This has allowed me more time with my family, and every once in a while, a free moment to myself. I have loved the convenience that this has been for me so I want to once again give all of you the same option. I work best with bullet points, so here are the assumed changes -

  • The first change being that my menu for the week will be posted here on my web page. One of the posts is a subscriber option that will notify you by email whenever I update the page...so when I post a new menu you will be notified without me having to send out a mass email. Your cooking directions will also be posted here on the page for access anytime.
  • The second change that I am still mulling over is the packaging. I have been condensing most of my meals into ziploc freezer bags to save on space, however, this does create an additional step of transferring to a dish. My thought, as of right now, is that you will have the option of crock pot bag, ziploc freezer bag, or oven ready dish for your meals.
  • The third change is that I am only planning on cooking every other week. The menu will have a few more options than it used to so that you don't have many repeats before the menu changes. The ziploc option will be more convenient for those trying to "stock up" for the two weeks. It will allow you to get more meals for you money and your freezer space. I am still trying to decide what my cut off will be for the number of meals I feel I can handle each cooking week...before the baby my max orders for one week was around 25, so given the two week time frame I am thinking around 40. These meals will be broken up over 2 different pick up dates.
I am not sure if those are the only ones I have been thinking through, but I will post updates as my mind retrieves the info that has nothing to do with nursing, diapers, or nap times for babies!

No comments: